Please look out for important Forte Festival information and entry forms at the school and coming home with students. Our friendly customer service team can answer any questions you may have about the event. We encourage every student to take part and are excited about the event being held at the excellent Acapela Studios, Pentyrch this year.
Visit Acapela’s Website to find out more about this exciting new venue for our festival.
Well done to all of our students who took their ABRSM exams last term. We had another successful session with a 100% pass rate. The exam entry window for the summer term is between 4th and 16th of May, with exams set to take place at the school between 13th June and 16th July.
Forte School of Music based in Danescourt, Cardiff is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic drum teacher.
The role involves taking on drum tuition from an existing teacher with students at a variety of levels, as well as developing the timetable further. The applicant must be able to teach students from beginner to higher levels. The role will commence at the end of June.
Please contact the School with details of your experience via
Tel: 029 2063 1340
Forte is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Customer Service Assistant.
The position is largely term time only, with one additional week being worked during the school holidays, on dates to be agreed with management.
As with all schools, there are events which take place outside of the regular opening hours of the school – including our annual festival – which all staff are asked to attend and support.
The 30 hours are spread across five days, to meet the needs of the business, which is open during the daytime and evening until 8pm each weekday and during the daytime only on Saturdays.
The working schedule for the role is to be confirmed, though is expected to include two evenings and two half days.
• To be the first point of contact for new and existing customers, ensuring that a first class service is provided at all times and liaising with teachers and management as appropriate
• Dealing with tuition enquiries in person, over the telephone, via email and social media, then following up on those enquiries to secure enrolments
• Processing payments, keeping accurate records and maintaining the customer database
• Keeping the school tidy and presentable, including basic housekeeping
• Assisting management and teaching staff with admin support
• Opening and closing the building as required by the rota, ensuring that the building is ready for teaching at the start of the day and that all equipment is switched off and the premises are secured at the end
Desirable Personal Qualities:
• A sociable and friendly person is required for the role who can communicate on all levels – with students, parents, teachers and management. It is important that applicants are comfortable working around children and adults of all ages.
• Successful applicants need to be adaptable and able to respond to situations calmly and positively, with the aim of demonstrating to the customer that they have the matter in hand when difficulties arise and that any concerns will be competently handled.
• Being part of a team is an important part of the Forte culture, so a flexible approach and a willingness to help others is welcomed.
• The Customer Services team frequently work alone at the customer facing reception desk, so it is crucial that applicants can work alone with confidence and maturity, as well as working effectively in a team.
• While no formal qualifications are required for this role, applicants must be competent at using a computer. A knowledge of Microsoft Office is helpful, along with an ability to learn how to use new software packages quickly
• Where so much correspondence is done via email and other forms of online communication in the role, it is essential that applicants have adequate writing skills to be able to represent the business and themselves in a professional manner.
30 hours per week
Interviews will be held at Forte School of Music.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to – email@example.com
I learned cello and violin growing up in Ohio, in the United States. I went for my Bachelors of Music at Baldwin Wallace University and Conservatory of Music in Cleveland, Ohio and then my Masters of Music at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in Cardiff. I love playing in orchestra, quartet, with piano and on my own. I am teaching violin and cello at Forte. I love teaching to figure out how my student's minds work, seeing them succeed and discover, and getting to know them.
What’s your favourite composer?
My favourite composer is Henri Dutilleux. He is a 20th century composer who composed a lot of contemporary classical music. He is not as well-known as Beethoven, but I love the colours that can be found in his music. He wrote an amazing solo cello piece called Trois Strophes sur le Nom de Sacher.
Who’s been the biggest musical influence in your life so far?
My biggest influence has been my cello teacher at the Royal Welsh College, Nikki Thomas. She really taught me how to listen.
What’s your favourite piece of music?
My favourite piece is Louis Vierne's Piano Quintet. It is so lush! Have a listen, you're in for a treat.
What style of music do you relax to?
I love relaxing to classical music, something slow such as Rachmaninov.
Who’s your favourite performer?
My favourite cellist is Truls Mork. His sound is incredible, and he has an amazing attention to detail.
For all of you who have enjoyed these informal drop in piano classes for adults, over a drink and biscuits, we are delighted to confirm not only that the sessions are back, though also that Miss Dawn is making a return to Forte to take the class!
If you have never attended before and would like to kick start your piano playing (whatever your ability) please do give us a call to book your place.
I was struck by this comment on social media by Vaughan Fleischfresser, a conductor and teacher at a music academy:
" The Music department (school) is an alternate universe where pupils are often unrecognisable from who they are outside of it.
The shy become confident. The agitated become calm. The lonely become included. The quiet become heard. And the lost become found.
Music reveals the real child".
What a great summary of the benefits of learning music!
We are delighted to announce that we now have a new teacher - Sam who has joined Forte to provide Cello lessons to children (8yrs+) and adults. We also will have a new cello on the premises to make things even easier for you!
So, if you are looking to start 2022 with a new musical challenge, why not learn the cello, or why not add it as your second instrument?
Please contact us on 029 2063 1340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book your first lesson.
With Welsh Government restrictions being lifted and with the outlook going forward continuing to be more positive, it's thankfully back to our normal full schedule of teaching and events at the school.
Group and one to one lessons are all back on, including some new teachers and even a new instrument! Also, our ever popular Coffee Keys Piano session for adults sees a familiar face returning to Forte - see below for more information.
Free taster classes in February are available on:
Music is Fun - Tuesday 4.00pm
Junior Keys (5-7yrs) - Wednesday 4.50pm
Piano keys (8-10yrs) -Thursday 5.00pm