Forte is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Customer Service Assistant.
The position is largely term time only, with one additional week being worked during the school holidays, on dates to be agreed with management.
As with all schools, there are events which take place outside of the regular opening hours of the school – including our annual festival – which all staff are asked to attend and support.
The 30 hours are spread across five days, to meet the needs of the business, which is open during the daytime and evening until 8pm each weekday and during the daytime only on Saturdays.
The working schedule for the role is to be confirmed, though is expected to include two evenings and two half days.
• To be the first point of contact for new and existing customers, ensuring that a first class service is provided at all times and liaising with teachers and management as appropriate
• Dealing with tuition enquiries in person, over the telephone, via email and social media, then following up on those enquiries to secure enrolments
• Processing payments, keeping accurate records and maintaining the customer database
• Keeping the school tidy and presentable, including basic housekeeping
• Assisting management and teaching staff with admin support
• Opening and closing the building as required by the rota, ensuring that the building is ready for teaching at the start of the day and that all equipment is switched off and the premises are secured at the end
Desirable Personal Qualities:
• A sociable and friendly person is required for the role who can communicate on all levels – with students, parents, teachers and management. It is important that applicants are comfortable working around children and adults of all ages.
• Successful applicants need to be adaptable and able to respond to situations calmly and positively, with the aim of demonstrating to the customer that they have the matter in hand when difficulties arise and that any concerns will be competently handled.
• Being part of a team is an important part of the Forte culture, so a flexible approach and a willingness to help others is welcomed.
• The Customer Services team frequently work alone at the customer facing reception desk, so it is crucial that applicants can work alone with confidence and maturity, as well as working effectively in a team.
• While no formal qualifications are required for this role, applicants must be competent at using a computer. A knowledge of Microsoft Office is helpful, along with an ability to learn how to use new software packages quickly
• Where so much correspondence is done via email and other forms of online communication in the role, it is essential that applicants have adequate writing skills to be able to represent the business and themselves in a professional manner.
30 hours per week
Interviews will be held at Forte School of Music.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to – email@example.com